Flamgard Calidair’s fire dampers are vital safety systems installed into ducting ventilation systems to prevent the passage of fire and/or smoke at the point the ductwork penetrates a fire division within an installation. Fitted to ventilation duct penetrations of fire rated divisions, a Flamgard fire damper will protect adjacent spaces from the transfer of fire and smoke ingress via the ductwork system. The fire damper is installed to maintain the integrity of the division at the point of penetration and should have the same fire rating as the division itself.
Fire Dampers can be supplied for building into steel decks or bulkheads, or for setting into masonry, walls and floors. Available in light or heavy duty, they can be controlled by a range of control units, which can be supplied pre-insulated.
STRUCTURE AND DIMENSIONS
Individual units are supplied in sizes up to 3100mm square, with multiple units assembled together in a matrix to cover larger areas as required. Circular dampers are available in sizes up to 500mm diam, and are suitable for systems where space is restricted.
Standard units are constructed in 304 or 316 stainless steel, however it is possible to manufacture in mild steel, galvanised steel or other materials as required.
Items in the range have been successfully tested in accordance to:
• Certified for A Class and H Class installations by Det Norsk Veritas, (DNV) Lloyds Register of Shipping, American Bureau of Shipping (A.B.S), Bureau Veritas (B.V), GOST R 53301-2009
• EN 1366-2 tested for categories ‘E’ Integrity ‘S’ Smoke and ‘I’ Insulation
• The Russian Foreign Activity Commodity Classification Code (TN VED Code): 7322 90 900 0
• Maximum 4 hour fire rating accordance with BS476 part 20 maximum module sizes 2100mmx2100mm
• Low leakage in accordance with BS EN 1751
• NORSOK compliant
• Independently SIL 2 certified
• Low pressure drop
• High temperature operation for smoke control